About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Nov 24, 2012

Ty's Nursery

Hi all! I have been a slacker these last few weeks on posting. It has been so busy around the Deal house with preparing for baby Deal and the holidays.  And honestly, by the time I get home from work, I am utterly exhausted!! I guess that's what they mean by 3rd trimester exhaustion!

But I have almost completed Ty's nursery and I wanted to share it with you!

This is what you see when you first go into his room. I had the hardest time trying to figure out what to put on this wall to the left. Did I want a corner cabinet? Shelving? Or just nothing at all?  I finally went with this bookcase and I couldn't be happier. I wanted something that didn't take up floor or visual space when you first walk in. Love it! Plus he needed more "flat surfaces" for all of his cutesy stuff. :)

Yes, his room is full! The girls share the larger of the two upstairs rooms, (Aly has her own room downstairs, but she is waiting for her 13th birthday to move down there...what?!?! is She turning 13? Growing too fast!) The dresser belonged to my granfather and my mom and dad repainted it and replaced the knobs. I love it! <3 Also, the chair belonged to my mom as well. Thanks mom! You are the best! We had such a large wall where the crib was I wasn't sure what to put on it. But I loved how the shelves and the picture turned out. They don't compete with each other and each define a separate space.

Working our way around the room :) Ty's quilt came from Pottery Barn kids and became the basis for his room. I loved the colors and the fact that it wasn't too babyish. If you can't tell, NOTHING in his room screams baby. I may regret this later, but I wanted something he could grow with and I wouldn't have to change in 2 years. I love the map canvas I got at Target! Can't you just see that as a little boy with vintage road signs in his room! <3 The ABC canvas came from Pottery Barn kids and is in the same color scheme. I wanted things in his room that were educational. I covered ABC's and the USA. :)  I still need to make labels for his baskets in the changing table and get a crib skirt. But it's coming along. (His crib and changing table both came from Walmart!)

 Here is his little bookcase! I can not wait to fill it with little books for when he wants to pick out a bedtime story. <3 The "bear rocking" picture was made my a friend of mine. :)

His little closet is coming together as well. I have his clothes organized by size. I only hung up the long sleeve/long leg onesies. All other onesies are in his dresser.  The blue shelving unit is for his socks, bibs, and pants. :)

Here is my favorite picture in his room. You can barely see it with the lamp on...sorry! It is a P Buckley Moss print titled "Circus Ride". It was given to Ty by my mother.  It was released October 1990. I absolutely love it...but I am a HUGE P Buckley Moss fan!

I still have a few things to do. :)

  • Curtains
  • Rug
  • Labels for baskets on changing table
  • Changing table cover
  • Crib skirt
  • Baby Ty
I am for the most part ready for sweet baby to arrive! I will be full term next Sunday. It is hard to believe time has flown by this fast! <3 I just love his room. I love how cozy and comfy it is. I know I will be spending so much time in here. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment