About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Apr 25, 2013

Girls on the run 5k

My stepdaughters and I just completed our first 5k together! We had a blast. This was for Girls on the Run which is a program which trains young girls to run a 5k plus gives them encouragement and weekly lessons on self esteem, etc. 

With no training, I surprisingly complete this 5k in 33:15 and placed 6th in my age group. Aly placed 3rd in her age group with a time of 27:42 and Macy placed 64th with a time of 42:00. This has sparked my running love again. I can't believe I kept saying I was going to train and never did! Even though I could not move the next day, I felt wonderful. It was such a blessing to do this with the girls and we have already picked 2 more races to run in the coming months!


Getting ready to take off! 450 runners

Aly and her boyfriend up front

Macy and me taking off

Aly on the home stretch

Macy getting ready to cross the finish line..always smiling




I love my family so much!

The girls with their mommy and stepdad!

No comments:

Post a Comment