About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Jul 26, 2011

Pulled BBQ

I found this recipe on this blog, and I have to say it will definately be a staple on my menu. It is easy, it's a crock pot meal, and oh so yummoooo! Thank you Bate's family for sharing. I also adapted their version slightly to what I had on hand.

Pulled BBQ

Meat:
3-4 lb. Boston butt shoulder roast
3 onions roughly chopped
2 minced garlic cloves

Rub:
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mixture (combine the following):
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
4 tsp. Worcestershire sause
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. Stubbs Liquid Smoke

Apply rub on roast. Place in crockpot with onions and garlic. Pour 1/2 of the mixture over roast.


Cook on LOW for 10-12 hours or HIGH 5-6 hours.(this is what I did) take meat out and shred it. Add remaining sauce.


We enjoyed them on wheat rolls. We ate them up so quickly, I didn't get a picture of the sandwich. My husband absolutely loved it. We will definately make this again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment