About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Jun 25, 2012

Macaroni Salad

Summer is not summer unless I make macaroni salad! I honestly can not wait to go to the beach. For some reason, eating a bowl of cold macaroni salad on the back porch at the beach just makes me happy!!! Ah, the salt air blowing through my hair, kids laughing, seagulls flying.  Back to reality, Sandy!! Thought I would take a million pictures (because I have nothing else to do! Ha!) and show you how I make my macaroni salad. Macy requested this for dinner tonight with baked beans and hotdogs. YUM!

Gather ingredients: Notice JFG mayonnaise.  Macy is somewhat of a mayonnaise connoisseur, and after taste testing EVERY mayonnaise, she has decided that JFG is by far the best and the ONLY one she will eat! Ha!  Use any veggies you like.  I went to the produce stand this morning and came home with these beauties!  If I make it for just Tony and I, I also like to add celery and cheese. :)


Wash Veggies. Had to put a plug in here, I lurve this veggie wash (Walmart)! When I use the remainder of this, I want to try to make my own and use this bottle. :)


Cook noodles according to package until al dente. Drain and Rinse in cold water.  Thus another picture. :)


Chop veggies!! I like TONS of veggies in my macaroni salad, but I like them chopped small.


Mix vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Add in veggies and cooled, drained macaroni noodles. Taste test.....twice. Add more salt and pepper.


Refrigerate for several hours before serving. "Let the flavors marry :)"

This is just basic macaroni salad.  I don't like all of the fancy macaroni salads out there.  They are delish, but there's just something about a big bowl of creamy, yummy, southern macaroni salad that just makes my heart smile!

Macaroni Salad:

about 4 cups (uncooked) macaroni noodles, cooked al dente, drained and cooled
1/2 chopped red onion
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped cucumber
1 chopped tomato, I "seed" my tomato a little by scooping out the liquidy innards so salad won't be runny
Salt
Pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup or a little less vinegar, I like apple cider vinegar just because I love the taste
1/2 cup more or less white sugar, according to your taste (I like a little less, maybe 1/4 cup?, I don't measure)
2 Tablespoons mustard

While macaroni cools, mix together in a large bowl, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.  Add veggies and macaroni.

Refrigerate until ready to serve, stir before serving.

I can NOT wait for supper time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment