About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Sep 10, 2012

My spaghetti sauce

The spaghetti sauce I make is soooo easy. Yet, my husband absolutely loves it. Says it's the best ever. lol. He always wants me to make spaghetti when we have friends over. It's frugal, feeds plenty and yummy.  Spaghetti is my hubby's and my favorite meal. :) So here is how I make my spaghetti sauce. I do use a jar of store bought sauce in it. Hopefully, I can doctor it to use whole foods and healthier without losing the flavor my husband loves so dearly.

1 lb lean hamburger
1 lb ground sausage
1 jar Bertolli sauce any flavor (this is the ONLY kind that we like) I usually use the tomato and basil one
1 can diced tomatoes
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1-2 cloves of garlic, pressed
dash of dried oregano, basil, whatever you have on hand that sounds italian. :)
Salt & Pepper

Cook sausage and hamburger until done. I cook in the same skillet but I usually put the sausage in first because it takes a little longer to cook. Drain. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Let cook for a few minutes to soften green pepper and onion. Add the rest of the ingredients. Let simmer for 20 minutes to an hour. The longer it simmers the more "old world' it tastes. Is that what I'm trying to say? It just gets yummy.

See how easy?!?! I never cook spaghetti without sausage.  If I don't have sausage, I don't cook spaghetti. It's as simple as that. We eat this a LOT in our house. It never gets old.  And since this makes more than enough for one meal. I freeze half and have another night!

No comments:

Post a Comment