About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Nov 29, 2012

Apple Dumplings

Ok, so I have made apple dumplings before. I have made them by making my own dumpling dough and mixing my cinnamon and sugar, and keeping my apple whole.  Tonight, I just wanted some apple dumplings and fast! :) Oh, the joys of being pregnant! Of course, I have to try the Pioneer Woman's recipe! She is, afterall, the BEST southern cook eva!


2 Granny Smith apples
2 sticks of butter (I decided to make this low fat lol)
1 cup of sugar (of course I forgot this in my trusty ingredient picture!)
12 oz of Mountain Dew, yes you saw that right
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon

  • Peel and core apples. 8 slices per apple (my apple corer does this :)
  • Roll each apple in a crescent roll
  • Place in a buttered 9x13 glass backing dish
  • Melt butter and add sugar and vanilla, stir a little bit....i.e. barely and pour over apples
  • Pour Mountain Dew around the edges (this step will not look so yummy, Aly said it looked like applesauce)
  • Sprinkle with Cinnamon and bake for 40 min on 350.

before baking


after baking with a few missing :)


I didn't get a picture of the yumminess with my vanilla ice cream, well, because I was too impatient! ha! These were absolutely amazing! The texture of the crescent rolls was so perfect. Crispy on the top and dumplingy on the bottom. I will make these again and again! I am anxious to see how they hold up overnight. I stored them in the refrigerator after removing them from the "liquidy" pan.

Just so you can see how awesomely amazing these dumplings are with ice cream, I give you Ree's picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment