About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Dec 7, 2012

Friday Favorites

I decided to go ahead and do my December Friday Favorites post today, the first Friday because, well, it's December. I will be spending the rest of the month snuggling, diaper changing, feeding, adjusting, snuggling, preparing for Christmas, snuggling, and loving on my girls. <3 So why not go ahead a post. :)

1.  My Label Maker

Anyone who knows me knows I love everything labeled. :) Probably a little too much I would say. But it makes me happy when everything has a home and we all know where it's home is.

Here is my label maker.  There are tons on the market, but I just got a cheap one from Walgreens. It is a Dymo Personal Label Maker (not sold online) It does the job. The "sticky" is not all that great on the labels themselves, but it works for me for now. Maybe in the future, I will get me one of those snazzy ones.



2.  My tumblers

I love a tumbler! I use these even more now that I am home and I can refill them easier with filtered water than when I was at work.  This particular one I received as a Christmas gift last year from a coworker.  These are great! It is the only way I can make sure I drink the proper amount of water each day without drinking out of those wasteful water bottles! These are double-walled and can be used for hot or cold drinks. Love!



3.  Sigma F40 

I love the Sigma F40 Long Angled Contour Brush.  It is perfect for contouring, which I do every day. :)  It places the color and blends exactly where I want it and with the proper amount of pressure. The weight of the handle is unbelievable and makes application so easy. It practically does it for you....well maybe. lol.  I have tried several contour brushes and hands down this one is the. best. I loved it so much, I purchased several other Sigma brushes and love them too, but that will be in another post. ;)  Click here for more info.  And for those that may be interested, I use NARS Laguna for my contour powder. :)



4.  Flip Fold

Flip Fold? What is that? It is only the best invention ever!  It is the FlipFOLD® Laundry Folder. My husband loves his undershirts folded just right in his drawer to make getting ready in the mornings fast and easy. 


Well I have always folded my shirts using sturdy gift bags or large thick magazines or books as my "template" for getting the shirt the correct size.  Well I broke down and bought one of these bad boys and it changed my life.  OK. I may be exaggerating on that last part but it makes folding his and my t-shirts easier and I can do it in half the time! The day I received it in the mail, I may or may not have refolded every shirt in the house. ;)
                  
They can be purchased online or in store here.  The closest Container store to me is about 2 hours away. My husband is very grateful for this. ;)

5.  Shaklee

I began using Shaklee cleaning products when I found out I was pregnant.  I was looking for cleaning products that were chemical free and actually got the job done. With 2, soon to be 3 children, a husband, and 2 inside dogs, I needed something that works!

Insert interesting fact:  

I read that a study was done at the University of Oregon where women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those who work away from home. This study from the University concluded that this was a direct result of the increased exposure to toxic chemicals, many of which were found in common household products. I work at home as a homemaker; I fit that job description. Did I really want these chemicals around my children? NO!

So I decided to try Shaklee and I fell in love. I use their Basic H and Basic G. My next purchase will be the dish soap and laundry soap. 

Basic H:  Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate
This is the all purpose cleaner. You receive a 16 oz bottle which makes up to 48 gallons of cleaner! You may also purchase the set of 3 spray bottles as well, which is what I did.

To make the cleaners:

For all-purpose cleaning:
Add 1/4 tsp. to 16 oz. of water.

For windows and mirrors:
Add 1-2 drops to 16 oz. of water.

For degreasing:
Add 1 1/2 tsp. to 16 oz. of water. For bigger jobs, add 2 oz. to 1 gallon of water.

For 1 bottle of Basic H retail price is $12.15. As a member you pay $10.35. (if you are interested in learning more about membership, I can send you information :)

You may think? $10 for a bottle of cleaner?! Please know, I have only bought 1 bottle of this concentrate!

One bottle of Basic H equals the cleaning uses of 5,824 bottles of 26 oz. Windex. :)

Here is a cost breakdown. Click for larger picture. :)

See why I love Shaklee so much? It is all I use to clean my house. You can go to www.shaklee.com to see all of their products. They also have a health and beauty division as well, which I have yet to try. Please let me know if you have any questions about Shaklee! I will be glad to answer any that I can. <3


XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment