About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Dec 5, 2012

Christmas Potpourri


It's December 5. It's raining, it's yucky. It's 60 degrees but we'll forget about that for the moment. Looking out my kitchen window...it looks cold. So we'll pretend. ;)  The Christmas tree is glittering and presents are wrapped.  That means it's time for the official scent of Christmas!  Some Christmas Potpourri! I just love the smell of warm citrus and spice. <3 It makes my laundry seem that much merrier. 

This pic is "before water" just because...well...it just looks prettier. :)


Quarter or slice 2 oranges (great use for over ripe oranges!)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick of cinnamon (you can omit this and use 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, I just think it's pretty. :)
2 cups of water

Simmer all in small saucepan on stove for 4-6 hours. Check it regularly to see if you need to add more water. Or put in small crock pot. I put mine on the stove first because I want to smell it 10 minutes ago. ;) Then I transfer it to my little dipper crock pot. 

Enjoy the smell of warmth and love. Aaaahh!





No comments:

Post a Comment