About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Apr 25, 2013

Stuffed Shells - freezer cooking

DH is working late this week at a sale. (He manages a local Toyota and Chevrolet dealership) So I decided to do a little freezer cooking to have a few backups. I have managed to let my freezer stash dwindle to nothing. :/ So today, we decided to make Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells. 



Ingredients:

1 box jumbo pasta shells
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella 
1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded parmesan 
1 egg
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach. Cooked, cooled, and drained
Dried Oregano
Jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I use a garlic marinara sauce, so I don't add garlic to the mixture, but you definitely can)

  • Cook pasta according to directions. let cool (I run a little cool water over them, this also removes some of the extra starch)
  • Meanwhile, cook spinach according to directions. I cook in the microwave, place in colander and run cool water over it. Then I drain well. Then place spinach in paper towels or clean kitchen towel and wring out.
  • Mix remaining ingredients.
  • Stuff your shells. Don't over stuff!


To cook immediately:  Put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, add shells, top with sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese.. Cook on 350 for 30 minutes.

To freeze: "flash freeze" Place shells on wax paper lined cookie sheet careful not to touch. Put in freezer for a couple of hours. When mostly or completely frozen, put into ziploc bag. You can then pull however many out you want for dinner. :) I do this with my enchiladas as well. Write on bag: Date. and "Thaw, 350 for 30 minutes"

This recipe can easily be doubled to have extra!

Yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment