About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Jul 6, 2012

Just for fun...

Ok, this post is just for fun. :) I decided to do some "old-wives tales" about gender prediction and a few others just to see what result I may come across.  I know all of these have a 50% accuracy rate, but what fun it was to do them! I must add here, I of course will be happy with either gender.  We are only praying for a healthy baby. :) These are just for fun and curiosity.

1) The FIRST gender prediction "test" I have is straight intuition. My intuition points towards boy.  I can truly only think of everything boy.  I am having a hard time thinking of me with a girl. I only find myself looking at boy nurseries, boy clothes, and boy registry items. They say that a mother's intuition is 70% accurate. If I have a girl, I would be ecstatic, I love my girls! Poor Tony, the house will be full of tutus and hairbows!  If I have a boy, poor me, they will always be gone fishing and hiking!  Hmmm. We shall see.

2)  The first "real" test I did was the Chinese Gender Predictor Test. According to the calculator, my lunar age at the time of conception was 31.  What it says exactly:  You are 31 years old in the 3rd lunar month (Mar. 22 ~ Apr. 20) Therefore, if you look at the chart I posted below, age 31 in the 3rd lunar month says a BOY.



Lunar Month
Mother's Age1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th
18            
19            
20            
21            
22            
23            
24            
25            
26            
27            
28            
29            
30            
31            
32            
33            
34            
35            
36            
37            
38            
39            
40            
41            
42            
43            
44            
45            
  girl  boy
3)  I then did the wedding band on the hair test.  This is when you place a piece of the mother's hair through her wedding band and hold the strand with the band 'dangling' over the mother's palm.  Hold it very still.  If the band swings in a circle, you are having a girl, if it swings back and forth you are having a boy.  Result:  It went back and forth, so...BOY.

4) The last test I did was the IntelliGender Test from Walgreens.  This says 70% accurate, but we all know, it's 50% just like the rest of the tests. However, I wanted to take it to see if it contradicted the other tests I took.

The test is obviously dark green which clearly states that the result is: BOY.

According to my gender poll, 85% of you think Butter Bean will be a boy and all of these say boy. There is still time to vote if you haven't yet. :)  We will find out "for sure" hopefully in 2 weeks!  If we have a beautiful princess, I will be overjoyed! If we have a little prince, I will be ecstatic.  Either way, I am so excited to bring this little bundle of joy into the world and can not wait until December!  

1 comment:

  1. I also did the Intelligender test and it said Boy! And according to the ultrasound it is a Boy!

    ReplyDelete