About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Aug 10, 2012

Foodie Friday: Corn Casserole

Okay, so this casserole is so yummy. I'm sure most of you have had and/or made this casserole before. It is so easy and so yummy. However, as ever so popular this little ditty is, I have never made it until this week! It freezes extremely well. We had half for dinner and I threw the other half in the freezer for another night. :)  Great dish to take to potluck dinners. I didn't take pictures of it while I was making it. My kitchen was a disaster zone while I was making chicken stock and pintos. lol. Toooo embarrassing to post! lol. So I will find a picture online (google images is my friend) so you can see what the finished product looks like. :) This recipe is also so inexpensive to make and it is made with things that I always have on hand!

Corn Casserole

1 can corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
4 tbsp melted butter
3 slightly beaten eggs
8 oz sour cream
1 box Jiffy cornbread (cornmuffin) mix

Preheat oven to 400. Grease square baking dish with butter or pam. Mix all ingredients except Jiffy mix. Mix Jiffy in last. :) Pour into dish, bake uncovered for 40 minutes. I cook mine a few minutes longer. Make sure center doesn't jiggle and toothpick comes out clean. How appropriate is the "doesn't jiggle"? But you get my jist!

Anywho, you can see how easy this is to make! And so yummy!



Linked to Comfy in the Kitchen Friday's Favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment