About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Feb 20, 2013

Prosciutto Wrapped Roasted Asparagus


I made this to go with THESE pork chops for Valentine's dinner

pound asparagus (about 19 stalks), trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
6 to 8 paper-thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
Grated Parmesan Cheese


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Snap the dry stem ends off of each asparagus and place on a heavy baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with pepper, and toss. Roast until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.Wrap each asparagus with 1 piece (about 1/2 a slice) of prosciutto, exposing tips. Top with Parmesan cheese.  Arrange on a platter and serve at room temperature.



slightly adapted from Giada De Laurentiis


2 comments:

  1. Are these good? I'm not really an aspargus fan, but thought I might like these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them. The prosciutto is fairly salty so it compliments the asparagus nicely. But I love asparagus, so I'm not sure if you would be a fan...I do want to try them warmed next time though. :)

      Delete