About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Aug 12, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas


School started today, so I am working on my meal planning and scheduling for the next month. With school starting comes homework, soccer, dance etc. Even though I am a SAHM, I am super busy during the day, so I love freezer cooking and crock pot cooking! 

For other freezer cooking recipes click Deal Meals on the the top bar. :)

Today, I am posting chicken enchiladas. These freeze so well. I modified the original recipe and can not remember where I found it to link back.

3 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese (plus more to top)
chopped onion
cumin to taste
salt and pepper to taste

tortillas
cheese (for topping)
enchilada sauce
any other toppings you may like

Combine first 7 ingredients and mix well. Add by spoonful to center of tortillas in a line shape. Roll tortillas enchilada style.

To prepare for freezing: Lay enchiladas seam side down on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Place in freezer until frozen. Place in Ziploc bag and return to freezer. Write on bag "date, thaw, bake 350 for 25-30 minutes)

To cook: Cover bottom of baking dish with enchilada sauce. Place enchilada seam side down in baking dish, top with cheese and sauce. Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment